.Happy Eid Mubarak Everyone.

October 2, 2008

.Eid Open House at Home.

I feel so left out with the rest of the world. So many things have happened that days just fly by in the blink of an eye. As fast as the fasting month started, so came its end as Eid Mubarak dawned into Melbourne.

Officially Melbourne joins the rest of the world in celebrating it a day ahead of Brunei. Everyone here is in a jolly festive mood an
d much open-house invites have spread among the Melbruneian





.Day 1 of Eid Mubarak: Our Open House + Azhar's.

In all honesty, this is the first Eid Mubarak I'm actually celebrating away from home. For the past 5 years, being abroad on my own, I had never made the effort to celebrate this festive holiday. Mostly because I didn't have anyone else to celebrate it with. So it's a double celebration: the first Eid Mubarak celebrated away from home and in Melbourne... I couldn't ask for anything more.

Despire being away from home, the urge to experience the celebratory atmosphere back in the homeland and feeling the threat of exams looming from the corner of the month... despite all that: I have to say that I'm pretty happy that the Melbruneians have managed to get together and gather up the festive season to celebrate Hari Raya together as one whole community.

So what has happened so far?
Faces and Happenings of Eid Mubarak in Melbourne



.Day 2 of Eid Mubarak: Bundoora.



.Day 4 of Eid Mubarak: Sasmonroe's.



Note: more updates on Hari Raya Celebrations in Melbourne soon!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)