.The much needed update.

January 20, 2009

Italic .Melbourne folks.
Regretfully I have been neglecting this blog for quite some time now - since the New Year's celebration to be more precise. Sadly, I haven't had much time to sit back, relax, breathe and reflect on my thoughts - something I like to do once in a while to keep a reality check on myself.
.Sydney folks.


.On the day of practice.
Well, 25 days into the new year and many things have happened. However for today's entry, I think I'm just going to focus on the successful launch of the BruONz Cultural Gala Night. For me, it proved to be a memorable night: not because I had to head the committee but more because everyone enjoyed themselves and the BruONz Committee succeeded in serving its purpose: to create a platform for Oz-Nz students and parents (past, present and future) to meet, have fun and see what we're all about.
.Shopping for prizes.


.I think the girls got carried away.

Like everyone, I initially had my doubts as to the success or even launch of the event but still I persisted myself and tried to keep good faith on everyone, even though it was very hard at times. As much as it was stressful, I knew that in the end I couldn't and SHOULDN'T vent out on anyone, even if it were their fault, because what mattered the most was that making sure we get through the event.



And guess what? We did it! Two hours into the event and we were at full capacity: all tickets have been sold out and our phones went hay-wire! - there were still people wanting to buy more tickets! Events and floor management ran smoothly. There were some mishaps here and there but in the end all the hard work paid off and I'm happy to see that everyone or at least most of those who came enjoyed themselves that night.


Looking back, the only regret I have was that I didn't have the opportunity to indulge in Primo and take any photographs of the event. This was mainly because I had to sit and accompany our guests of honour. Nevertheless it was certainly an entertaining event with each student society performing their original cultural performances. I have to say, we have quite a number of extremely talented students - much to the delight of our guests of honour!

As I stated before, I didn't have much opportunity to take photos of the actual night itself, however I will indulge you in a few photos of the Committee members during practice. Enjoy!




.For more photos, please visit: Overdue - BruONz' 09.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)