Food, food galore

January 30, 2009

Horrible, horrible weather lately... for several days straight it's been raining non-stop. Great way to start the new years, eh? All over the news, day in and day out there's been incoming reports of flash floods and landslides all over the country. Some people have been working over time so much to deal with the disasters that they hardly see their family. Ah well, you gotta do what you gotta do...

Ever since the heavy downpours of rain, I have pretty much been confined
indoors... doesn't sound quite exciting, does it? With the terrible weather, access to the satellite tv is out (ppffttttt!!!) and every possible, conceivable activity to do indoors has been done (double ppfffttttt!!!) So.... what to do? what to do? what to do?

Smoked Salmon Pizza w/ Feta and Mushrooms
Lately I've found my safe-haven in the kitchen, with plenty of activities to do there (aside from eating). I've been exploring the extraordinary and adventurous culinary world of Comida Italiana - italian food. There's something about cooking italian that i find so easy, comforting and fun. Somehow I can never seem to get around malay-style cooking. Anyhow... back to the topic, made some pizzas today by requests from my beloved parents.

Clockwise from bottom right: Mushroom & Sweet Corn Pizza,
Beef Pastrami Pizza, Tuna & Pineapple Pizza and
Smoked Salmon with Feta, Mushroom & Basil

I took this grand opportunity to explore ingredients, learn all about complimentary tastes, smell the aroma of hot baked bread filling up the kitchen...and envisioned possible pizzas i could come up with. In my personal opinion, I think home made or freshly baked italian pizzas are one of human's best creations. Don't get me wrong: Pizza hut, Tasconis, Dominoes and all are nice but to a certain point. They can never capture the beautiful, crusty, natural and earthly tastes of freshly baked pizzas.






0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)