In the Kitchen Again...

February 5, 2009


Found myself in the kitchen again... this time, making desert (requested by others of course) because i don't usually bake for the sake of baking (unless I'm in Melbourne)... usually if someone asks me to, I don't mind. For several days straighI've been making the same cakes to order. Not that I'm complaining... I'm actually happy to know that there are those who think the cake is good. It took a while for me to adjust and play around with the ingredients. Spent some time experimenting with other substitutes and quality of the cocoa powder, flour and all... I have to admit it was a mess in the kitchen, attempting to make the cake spongy-er, moister, less sweet and decadently rich.

No idea what i'm talking about? Refer to the photo below.



Truffle cake: an ultra rich, decadent cake (not for the faint hearted, i should say!). Its texture is
velvety and creamy to the bite with a hint of crunchiness from the roasted hazelnuts. The taste has a soft sweetness from the dark chocolate complimented by the heavenly light bitter taste of its cake base.

Dusting cocoa powder on top
It's more like a chocolate truffle in the form of a cheesecake, where the base is somewhat of a decadent, moist brownie whilst the top is an uber heavenly thick layer of divine, deep, seductive chocolate flavours.

From the moment it came in the room....
Personally I wouldn't serve this cake with any cream or sauce, as it is perfect by itself. Although I should add that small cuts should be made, when serving this cake because of it's ULTRA richness... so yeah, triple the gym time ladies.

Eyeballing the cake is not going to make it
come closer to you, Gameboy


After hearing so many people tell my dad all about it, he had actually requested me to ba
ke one just for the family... which i did, much to the delight of my family members as you can see below. Hahaha... enjoy guys!


.Gameboy and Ms DT eye-ing the prize.


1 comments:

Senor Pablo said...

That cake looks awesome. I wonder how it taste like.. hahaaa. hint..hint!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)