.Diary and A Pot Pie.

June 12, 2009


Finally had bought myself a journal yesterday in dire hopes that it may help cure my sudden twitch to begin penning again. Now I'm not sure if most of you had this habit as kids, but growing up I always had the habitual tendency to pen my thoughts down onto paper.



So today, with a few mates, we scrounged through the streets of Melbourne in vain search of a good-quality journal book which I hope wasn't a long, dreadful experience for my dear friends.... and after hours upon end, I finally found one. I have to say: I'm so thankful to have good close friends that were patient enough to wait around while I tread back and forth in moments of indecisiveness and uncertainty. Yeah, I have a nasty tendency to be indecisive...



Thankfully, in the nick of time and patience, I had made my decision and without hesitation proceeded with the transaction which now allowed me to now own this lovely journal - which I hope will be filled with pleasant thoughts and memories.

Onto another topic: Pot pie!

After my successful production of individual minced pot pie in Bundoora with Mr. Rockband precisely a week ago, I had made my mind to create another delectable dish to cure the dreary hearts of June's winter weather: Meatball Pot Pie.


At first, I have to admit I was quite hesitant to how the resulting taste of the meatball pot pie would be. This is because I actually don't have any recipe for it and hadn't a clue on how the meatball should taste or be cooked! So... i decided: aw, heck with it... i'm just going to play around with the ingredients and do it by random.

So I quickly gathered all the ingredients that I knew of and attempted to "work my magic". In the end I'm glad to say that I had managed to pull it off with flying colours. Served for dinner, it was meatball pot pie accompanied with fresh uber green, mediterranean salad served with sundried tomato dressing.



Perhaps I may come off as gloating, but I can't help but be happy with this dish: my own version of honey-mustard meatballs with piping hot potatoes and crunchy carrots. As you cut down into the pie, you can see the steam swirling up into the air followed by a sweet-rustic aroma of the meatballs in tomato sauce. And nothing comes better than a serving of your bestest, freshest mediterranean salad with its tangy sundried tomato dressing.


MmmMMmmmmMMMMMmmm!!!! This is definitely one for the recipe books!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)