.RIP buddy.

June 17, 2009

Woke up to saddening news today: I have lost a friend.

In a place where my world was lit by the burning lights of friendship, amongst the motionless flames, one has finally flickered and blacked out for good.

I never took the opportunity to get to know him well, but that doesn't mean to say I never once appreciated the sincere warmth of his friendship.

Of all the people I have come to know in my life, I can truly say that Mike is definitely one that stands out from the crowd. He is one of those rare, sincere people that are extremely hard to come by.

With all he meets, he was unpretentious in nature, genuine in gesture and always joyful in moods. Unlike many I have come to know after leaving Toronto, his friendship was always honest and given to you regardless of who you are, how you are and what you have done.

He stepped into my life during the first years of UTSC: he was my neighbour. I still have a fond memory of first year's thanksgiving dinner and I can still recall how the house was roaring and rumbling with unstoppable laughter as soon as he walked past my front door.

Mike truly lived his life: made every opportunity the most that he could and to the best of his ability. He was always positive and had an amazing love for life.

Mike, you are definitely one of the greatest people I have ever met in my life, despite the shortness of time. Wish I had gotten to know you better.

RIP Mike Nassar. May Peace be with You.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)