Sungkai at Yallambie

August 29, 2009

Feeling a little knackered at the moment due to the lack of Zzzzzz! Seriously, I should be catching up on some major beauty sleep tonight but... after a quick glance at the clock, I can't say that I'm actually going to get it... hahahaha...

Had gone to bed at 4 in the morning last night for god knows what... I can't really remember for some reason - Actually... I think it was because we were doing last minute clean-ups after arriving home at 2 in the morning (late night coffee with the boys and Nz at Lincontrro). Tt wntd us out of the apartment by 12 so we had to ensure the house was clean and ready for the property agent who was hosting an open house inspection later on that day.

Between 12pm and 4pm, it was all hustle and bustle as I try to manage window shopping, baking and getting ready for tonight's dinner event at the same time. Oh well, it's safe to say I managed through it all, darting from Southern Cross to Coles to Yallambie in a span of 4-5 hours.

Tonight's event was co-hosted by two families living in Yallambie. Both husbands are here to study music with the Australian Armed Forces Band and have bought along their family to live with them here in Melbourne.

Top: The two families hosting the one of many Sungkai for Ramadan dinners.
Bottom: A few of the lovely ladies present for the event

The event was certainly a good one: lots of good food, lots of good friends, tons of laughter and tons more photos! (oh yeah!) I was fortunate enough to have Mn lend me his flash gun for the night and I got to try it out for fun - which was certainly a good thing as recently I had just purchased my very own flash unit from ebay. So tonight was a good crash course to flash photography!


Some of the desserts from tonight's dinner

Tons of food (of different types) were to be found that night. Not surprisingly the dessert section was almost cleaned out, but that doesn't mean to say that the main course wasn't good. Dear god, I have to say it has been SUCH a long time since I've had food cooked Brunei-style. Now I really can't wait to go home and spend time in Brunei for Eid celebrations!

After the break of fast, words of prayer were said to bless the holy month

It was certainly a good get together with plenty of laughter, which is one of the things I always look forward to when I know I have dinner with my Bruneian friends and I'm very appreciative of the support they provide to you when you're in need of one. The close-supportive family-oriented units are very helpful to you, particularly if you are alone and away from home.

Some more of the faces from tonight's events.
I was quite pleased that I had ended up with 300+ photos.
To view more, check them out here: 08.29.09 - Yallambie Sungkai







0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)