.Livin' the Sunny Life.

October 26, 2009


Last Thursday was a beautiful day - luckily Melbourne lately has been blessed with good weather so it wasn't surprising to see students lying about on any patch of green they see, surrounded by books. Good weather is always the perfectl good excuse for students to avoid sitting behind boring desks in dreary old libraries. Besides, the fresh air is always good for the lungs :)




For me, I was absolutely enjoying every bit of it: loving the soft green patches, golden yellow rays of light and the low humdrum of city noise (footsteps, car honks, birds twitting, unrecognisable chatterings, etc). As I lied down against the green grass, I got a nice view of the sky - a blue blanket across the horizon, with no clouds in sight. The sky was as clear as glass.

The rich sunlight was complimented by subtle cooling blows of the wind - a perfect combination, luring the city folks from their indoor dwellings and out into the wide open. As you may have read earlier before, I was one of these folks. I was willing to make a good excuse to pack up my school books and head out into the sun. The sunny day was also an excuse for me to make good use of my new sunnies.




The girls were also there with me (there, being the centre of Melbourne's QV plaza where the management had recently installed a bed of fake green grass for some of the Melburnians to enjoy). Just like me, the girls were lying about soaking up the sun: shoes kicked off, sweaters lying about, books spread open, pens and highlighters scattered about.

Yup folks, this is how Melbourne students live it up down under, amidst their preparations for exams.


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)