.When Blueberries Are In Season.

August 22, 2010

So what do you do when blueberries are in season?
I play with them, of course! :)




It was time for me to grab all my baking accessories and gadgetry and finally, create a ruckus in the kitchen! A maddening sight, I must tell you: blurry clouds of flour puffing up in the air, deafening buzzing sound of the mixer (which in the process, I am ashamed to say I broke... Eep!!), clanking of muffin trays and rustling of paper cups...

J'adore faire des gateaux, absolument

Berries are something I find that I can't live without. They. Are. Simply. Gorgeous! The best part about it is that you can't get them any fresher than this! They are the ultimate summer fruits: blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, mulberries, gooseberries... etc etc - the list goes on and on...

So as you may have noticed, blueberries were in season... meaning: they come super-duper cheap! I was so happy when I saw this at the market because you can't get these in Brunei, which is sad because I love these berries! I could just watch a movie and eat them as other people would eat popcorn! So with tons of blueberries for my disposal... I made blueberry muffins with lemon glaze... Ahhhh...

Heaven....



Best served piping hot and i guarantee, you can thoroughly enjoy it on a rainy day. There are so many ways to enjoy eating this muffin. My mom loves to heat in up in the microwave and spread it with butter (which is SO good). But for this occasion I opted to make these a tidbit delectable by adding cinnamon crumble on top of the muffins before baking.

This added some interesting and lovely crunchy-spicy texture to the muffin. All together the bite was topped off with a slightly sweetened lemon glaze. C'est tres delicieux!



0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)