Cafe viennois, Cafe latte, Lait russe, Cafe au creme, Cappucino...

October 12, 2010

I forget that by now half of the world is already asleep soundly on their beds. A little more than a few minutes ago I was so engrossed with doing some paperwork, time absolutely dissolved around me... until I walked out of my room and was greeted by the deafening silence in the house... even ceasar was not there!

If I've never ever given you guys a helpful tip, here's one: never ever make tiramisu on the night before giving it away (and when I say tiramisu, i'm talking about the REAL italian dessert, not the tooth-achingly sweet and super-duper creamy cheese-y variety you get in Brunei). Sooo.....if you're keen to make fresh tiramisu (because it requires the use of raw eggs), make it on the afternoon before the day you serve it to give it ample time to rest - bearing in mind you have to do a little taste test as well. This probably, no, actually this definitely will explain why I'm still up like a night owl: the hardcore espresso I used to dip the ladyfinger biscuits...

Et voila! It doesn't really take a PHD to figure that out... but in my case, I forgot about doing the taste-testing until AFTER i made the whole thing and started to make my daily-help-me-sleep-evening-tea. HAH! And I can still smell the lingering seductive aroma of the espresso on the tips of my fingers... like that's going to help me sleep!

It's ok... time to reminisce on my brief but abso-friggin-lutely beautiful weekend in Paris!! J'adore! Absolutement! Before, back in my younger days, I used to be so hesitant about going to Paris mainly because of the language barrier but now... ever since I started taking the french classes I've grown to LOVE IT!


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)