.This Can't Be Healthy.

May 28, 2009

Came across this photo the other day, which I found amusing for some reason. I think I came across this as I was surfing through the internet checking out the latest fad/invention in gadgetry. It's amazing to see what ingenious contraptions people come up with....

I remember when I was a kid, I had once an ambition to be an inventor - mainly because I was inpsired by those japanese anime cartoons like
Little Nemo: The Adventure in Slumberland. But maybe, I'll talk about that some other time.... This was the photo I came across...


Caption: A Balanced Breakfast

Yes, I know... Stormtroopers..... lol. However, that wasn't the only reason why I loved the photo. It's not your typical stormtrooper photo, which I find to be quite refreshing. As I said before, I found it the concept of the photo amusing. I love the colour saturation for this photo - it has sort of the pop-vintage feel of it, kind of like blending modern and old together.


Caption: "It's not my fault!"

So I did a little research to find more on the photograph and the photographer himself, possibly view his other works. Unfortunately there wasn't much to dig around, except that these marvelous works have been created by a graphic designer called powerpig who hails from Canada.


.The Photographer + The Toy.
Caption: "You're never too old..."

He shoots other things besides star wars action figures as well. One of his projects that I really like was one called Texturescape where he explores different surface textures - something I found to be quite interesting. To view all his work, you can view it at Powerpig@Flickr.


.Some of his works on texturescapes.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)