All The Le Cordon Bleu Students Eat Well At School

January 27, 2011


It's very common to see food laden out on the table in the winter garden after class. Very often students leave their baked goodies or demonstration class share their excess taste-test products rather than chucking it all into the bin.


Most of the time it's by the patisserie students (I don't blame them, too much cake for 1 person at home!)  but once in a while you do get the cuisine students dropping off their latest practical foods.

I was lucky enough to get my fingers on these goodies here. Macarons! Sables! Biscuits! My absolute favourite of the bunch is the chocolate diamants topped with the patisserie creme and  fresh raspberries on top. It was absolutely delicious!!


The flavours of the macarons are a bit of an acquired taste I suppose... something I haven't acquired yet, it appears! The texture was a bit different than other macarons I've tried... this was more dense and chewy... and the filling was different... pistachio? green tea? I couldn't really tell. I wanted to try out the pink macarons with fresh rapsberries but they were too large and I was much too in love with the chocolate sable :)

Maybe I should give that a try one day at home?

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)