C'est Paris: Day 4

January 6, 2011

It's cold, wet and gloomy in Paris - it's been that way since last night as I made my way to school for our first demonstration class. Skies are grey, rain is light but continuous, sun is no where to be seen and as it's still winter: the temperature is cold cold COLD! 

the view from my window this morning


I woke up today feeling very.... blergh? if that somehow makes sense. With the gloomy weather and uber cold temperature, I didn't really feel like going out to do some exploring of Paris yet, so instead I opted to stay in, sort some stuff at the apartment, maybe blog a few stuff, cook for myself and just relax.  

my lunch? lol

As I mentioned before I had a late demonstration class yesterday... our first! It started at 6:30 in the evening and despite the full-sized class, the demo was gooooooooood - I'll blog about the demonstration later. I'm looking forward to my classes. I'm trying my best not to have too much expectations about the whole course and also I'm trying to change my perspective on the way I see things: mainly to enjoy the learning experience, rather than freak out at every little movement the chef makes in the kitchen. 

Well, we'll see how far that goes... hahahaha

By the time I left the school, it was already raining quite a bit. Thank god I wore a two-layered jacket because it was freezing, what didn't help though was that I had to lunge around my student knife kit* which was impossibly heavy.  *yup, we all have our knife kits :) - definitely blog about that later!

Before I arrived home, I decided to take a little stroll by Avenue Champs-Elysee... the french-equivalent to London's Oxford Street, except here the avenues and walk-ways were much wider, beautifully lit and bombarded with high fashion brands and chic Parisian cafes. It's situated right next to where I'm staying so... why not? just a nice walk at night before I head home.
  

the shopping window of Nespresso
can you imagine living in a world like that? It would be like caffeine-high everyday!

the french cafe: Fouquet's - one cafe you MUST try, they have good coffee and dessert goods!
word of caution: expect to pay 6euros (almost B$12) for a cup of coffee!

I think the Parisians are still in winter holiday mood because the entire avenue was so colourful and bright, decorated by winter themes. At the end of the avenue, there's a winter-market which I was told will be open until the end of January. So within these next few days, I intend to visit! 

the walkways at Avenue Champs-Elysee: a BIG tourist hotspot
if you continue walking down this street, you'll walk towards the winter-market!
This avenue is situated facing L'arc de triomphe


See the queue-ing line to Louis Vitton? Insane!!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)