Celebrating a Butt-Day

April 27, 2009


This happened a while ago, on Friday night, where a number of good friends and I went out to celebrate Missy Tee's birthday with a session of indoor laser team tag. It was a fun night out with everyone in their high spirits: I really hoped everyone had fun. 

As opposed to having the traditional birthday celebration with just a gathering of friends over dinner, my housemates and I conspired with one another to come up with something different. So it seemed that April was to be the month where a LOT of people was born and hosting a birthday dinner would seem understandably seem repetitive and may lose its spark. So instead, we came up with an activity for the birthday girl: Laser Team Tag @ the M9 Laser Skirmish in Crown. 



It was a pity that I didn't bring in my camera so I couldn't take a photo of everyone in their battle gear. Seeing everyone gear up and picking sides was quite exciting. We were a handful lot... 16 people - we had to be divided into 2 teams. I was a bit disappointed to find out that we'd be playing with other people as well: not to be a spoilsport but I was really looking forward for a battle with my mates.




The game took 25 mins. I know, I know, most of you must be thinking: what? 25 mins only?? That's so short! Actually it doesn't feel short, mainly because the area we played in was quite large - big enough to fit 4 teams with 8 persons each. 

In hindsight, I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't get her a birthday cake, but I suppose I should thank Ms V for buying her a slice. We all ended the night with a hang out session of guitar hero and bullshit cards till 2 in the morning - spending less than 6 hours in sleep before waking up to a wild session of bssmelb frisbee on the following Saturday morning!




To the birthday girl: I know it's late but happy birthday. The birthday celebration wasn't much but I still hope you and your friends enjoyed it. So, now comes the big question: What's it like feeling old?  Hahahaha... Just Kidding - you know I'm just playing..

My first attempt in doing haiku after how many years?
So... what do you guys think?



Happiness and Joy
Delights of A Birthday Girl
Wakes up feeling Old.

For more photos: check out MsShooter's Photobucket.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)