Hot meal anyone?

May 2, 2008


It's something I've always noticed, particularly when the weather is miserable. I think subconsciously the weather does affect our general mood and behaviour. I suppose it's human nature: in times of gloomy darkness, we go off seeking refuge from it - searching for an escape from the dank, cold misery. Escape attained by particular comforts, each differ according to the person: for some its a roaring fireplace, for others it could be passing time with good company or maybe simply through the warmth of a comforting hug, then there are those who find their comforts through food...



Solitude is my comfort - it allows me to reflect on some things that I normally wouldn't have time to indulge in. Just a few days ago, the weather over the city was miserable. Woke up to dark gloomy grey skies and frosty morning air. Peeping out the window, everything seemed to be in monotonous shades of grey, black and white.

Together with my laptop I plopped myself by the window, watching the world pass by in the cold rain as i sipped my freshly made Brazilian coffee - thinking of how many people right then and there were finding solace through food...


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)