Welcome to Comic World

May 16, 2008

Well, quite sure you can tell: I have been away from the blogging sphere due to my academic commitments... Exams are coming quite soon, so before I begin rambling off I would like to say Good Luck to everyone and All the Best.

The motto:
Study Hard, Live Harder....
(gives you all the more reason to study extra extra hard!)


Sadly nothing exciting has been going on as of late, mostly because all of us have been busy with school. Day in and day out, we commit ourselves to the daily habit of sticking our noses deep within the dusty, wrinkly pages of school texts and sorts, absorbing new information
and new ideas into our brains like overused sponges, often at times till the wee hours of the morning, exhausting the chugging brain to maximum capacity (sounds familiar?). So people: Don't forget to take a break.

I know during times like these it's a bit hard, especially when we've got so much to cover but allowing your mental chatter to ease off for half an hour or so will benefit you greatly in many ways. Start by simple things: Pick up a random book in the library, Go for a short stroll by the park, Call a friend, Take a nap, Play a game, Read the newspaper, Buy lunch and eat it by the riverside with the ducks (ok it's winter, there are no ducks... haha)... but u get what i'm trying to say: preoccupy your brain with something else 2 think about. It's a refreshing experience and it works out the other parts of the brain. So by the time you head back to study-mode, your brain is refreshed to start all over again.

For me, if I'm not in class.... I'm furiously studying away within the deafening silent confines of the library. Seeing everyone else so focused and quiet puts my studying mode into gear. So once in a while I take a break, unfortunately I can't leave the library for fear that I might lose my good study spot (you'll be surprised how jam-packed it can get). So what do i? Explore the visually stimulating world of Photoshop.

Adobe's Photoshop is actually a really good programme and I enjoy working with it immensely. It's sort of like a vehicle which helps your expand your creativity and, if you really know what you're doing, create works of wonders. I came across this good website: Good Tutorial. There you'll find TONS of cool stuff you can do with Photoshop and other design programmes. Want 2 know what I experimented with?


The Retro-Comic World

Something I'm still working on in slow progression... Finished product will be posted
Photo taken by CameraGuru


The Super Heroes Pose
Photo taken by CameraGuru


The Retro Guitar in Comic Style
Photo taken by Ms DT

Foolin' with Phothoshop for comic book effect
One day when I have more time... I'll make a comic strip...
I hope...









0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)