.2009 Flinders Sungkai.

September 12, 2009

Scenes from Thursday’s night dinner.

Thursday night was our turn to host a small sungkai gathering with some good friends. As much as we wanted to throw a big gathering, unfortunately our place wasn't big enough to fit 20+ people :(
It wasn’t a big crowd (I think T kinda expected more people to join us but sadly some of them didn’t make it) so in the end, we ended up with a LOT of food and drinks. Meh, it’s ok I suppose – it doesn’t bother me. At least consider the bright side: as a house, we don’t have to worry about what to cook or drink for the next few days! He he.

Dinner was a LOT: T baked us some good ole’ lasagna to indulge the garfields inside each one of us, whilst Deuce toasted the lovely garlic breads in the oven (after which we sprinkled cheese inside to melt into the breads), iYay cooked us some lovely hot mushroom soup to soothe the soul whilst P brought some homebaked mars bars goodies. Fearing it wasn’t enough (for I was SURE, there were a lot of people coming) I popped over to Coles to buy some ice-lollies for the whole lot. Mr.Awesome was coming over with a bucket of KFC. A LOT of food , right?

Number of estimated guests: 10
Number of actual guests: 8



T in the process of preparing the Lasagna

Now a difference of two less doesn’t appear to be such a big thing, however take note that the two missing guests were those with TALENTED NEVER-ENDING skills called eating and as for their remaining 2 friends who did show up: they were simply too shy to ask for more seconds. So yeah, we were left with TONS of food… it was a good thing Mr. Awesome showed up and didn’t buy the KFC (although he was bickering about it for a good while after, lol)


As we break fast

I’m quite pleased with myself in that I did manage to refrain myself from over indulging and stuffing my face with these heavenly-bad-for-your-hips goodies to the point where my stomach stretched. For dinner, I paced myself and ate enough… however I can’t really say the same thing about dessert– lol P, I SO blame you for that! Towards the end of the night, I was like an energizer bunny driven by a rush of sugar in my system (I refuse to provide anymore details on this matter… lol so fast forward to post-dessert)


Post dessert time: By this time everyone was feeling the drone of sleepiness from having a rich dinner. Whilst each person plopped themselves onto the couches, barely covered by blankets and comfortably watching Top Gear episodes on TV, I decided to really spend quality time with my new baby, who came to grace his presence in my life earlier that day at noon! Boy, was I one happy girl :) (I shall post more about this new baby later).


For more photos: 2009 Flinders Sungkai




0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)