.Celebrating Eid At Home.

September 27, 2009

Photos were taken from yesterday's open house. According to my mom, it's now our second open house that we've hosted. It's been a LONG time since I've actually celebrated Eid Mubarak full-on... and at home! So I was looking forward to seeing how it turned out... God knows how long it's been since the whole family have gotten together to celebrate this special day for Muslims.


.the first time in years that all the kids are back for Eid.

Having just arrived the night before, you can imagine how knackered I was yesterday when I helped my family host our second open-house invitation where my parents and siblings had invited some office colleagues and friends to the house!


.the first start of the event begun with a prayer for blessing by one of the officers.


.as one of my nephews excited tells a tale to his grandad, my uncle.

It wasn't as hectic and crazy as I expected it to be, so therefore I was pleasantly surprised. However that doesn't mean that I wasn't tired. As soon as the clock struck 10pm, I was already on the brink of KO-ness.


.friendly visitors from one of the offices - Sorry, it's not in Media Permata!.


.First Class Ladies.


.queue-ing up for the buffet table.

BUT...what I love best about Eid Mubarak Celebrations is that it's always an opportunity to see and catch up with some good old family and friends that I rarely get the chance to meet on the normal basis.


.Ms T with her favourite aunty & uncle.


.Happy Family.


.say cheese: i loved how the lady on the side pivoted my aunt to pose for the cam!.

Scenes from Eid Celebrations at home. Tons of good food, smiles, laughters and more good food! To those in Melbourne: you don't know what you're missing!! He he


.One of the food on menu: Chicken Briyani with Dhal.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)