.I hate Sundays.

September 6, 2009

Ladies LOVE to pose :)

Omg... I really hate Sundays, especially after two nights of craziness that involves good friends, good music, good food and the feeling of being young again (hahaha, no! I am NOT old). One day is NOT enough for recuperation.... !! Which is why I love Fridays and Saturdays: fridays being the start of a lovely weekend and Saturday as I know the next day I'm not required to go to work/school! Hahaha....

Friday night was a blast and I have to say it has been a while since I've done that, mostly because I haven't had the time and the opportunity. Looking forward to doing that again! I was introduced to a couple of.. actually TONS more new people (Cat, Danny, Vandy and more) who were just simply awesome - or as one of them would like to say: "i leak of awesomeness!!" These guys were simply off the wall! As soon as they stepped into the apartment, they were pretty much everywhere. One minute they're lying tummy flat on the floor, another minute one is sitting quietly on the edge of the sofa whilst the other is on the floor, then the next minute, they're up again and all over the place... (note to self: must child-proof apartment and pad the walls). As we were leaving, they (Cat and Danny) started running up and down the hallway playing SWAT team.

Time flew so fast that night but it doesn't mean that I didn't have fun. We were joined in by a few other friends as the night went on with B10 and TB, also not forgetting the usual gang. The next morning, after less than 4 hours of recuperation sleep I was up and away baking 2 batches of white chocolate brownies right after we finished our house inspection for potential buyers and investors. No sooner than that, I found myself busy getting ready before hopping onto a train to go to Frankston to join a few good friends for the break of fast in Frankston.

Last night's dinner was an invitation made by Nik and his family, where they also held a brief prayer session to bless the occasion. Last night coincidentally it was also his wife's birthday. So the gang snuck in a birthday cake in time to surprise her as well. She was so surprised and overjoyed that she teared up a bit (awwww...)

Happy Birthday Ka Nong
Top: Nick & his wife, the Birthday Gal
Bottom: Birthday Cake & Perth's renowned Apple Streudel


Dinner was great! It has been such a long time since I've had actual Bruneian food (I usually don't eat these kinds of food as I find it too rich sometimes but last night I was willing to make an exception). There was SO MUCH food around! Among the few: beef rendang, chicken curry, hati buyah, squid in kicap, shrimp, pandan chicken and plenty more!


Top: Time to eat
Bottom: Some of the Frankston/City Ladies


I also got to try Perth's renowned Apple Streudel (which Shm was nice enough to buy and bring back from his brief holiday in Perth last week). It was not bad: basically it was sort of a like cold pastry sandwich with sweetened custard and slices of apple in the middle. It was definitely a full-house and I also got to know a few new Bruneian faces in frankston as well as those living in other areas in Melbourne. Awesome weekend! Thank you guys for the invite!

For more Photos: 2009 Frankston Sungkai


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)