I see Light

June 12, 2008

Yes, I have realised that this blog is in dire need of an update. Sadly, nothing much of interest has happened in and around me... as I've been bogged down with exams. Strapping myself tightly on the chair, buried nose-high with stacks of notes, papers, lecture printouts and what more...
So far I've had 2 exams down and 1 more to go.... Ms Shooter is finally seeing the light at the end of the dreary long tunnel...

On a side note, I have been snooping around the photography market for a while now, planning on getting myself a camera... nothing major, just a standard entry-level camera that i can use to develop my basic photography skills... perhaps this might be a life-time hobby...

Just to warn you, my dear readers: for the next few days I shall be posting TONS of updates to make up for the days lost... hehe...

----------------

I have always been curious in the nature and role of light in photography. As many will know, lighting is an important factor. Just the other night, hanging out with Mr Canon and Ms DT by the South Yarra River, we decided to do a little experiment.. (pictures would've turned out well if we had used a tripod - but as usual, the decision to hang out by the river was spontaneous). In shutter light experiment (light being from our handphones...hehe) ... we came up with this:



So naturally during my recent attempt to cure boredom and briefly distract my aggravated brain from plundering yet again into the academic world, I decided to explore other photographer's attempts in this concept...I came across this guy <--- click link. I have to admit, after exploring his blog, i feel in love with his work, the way/method/idea/concept behind his photography...

Each photo taken is like another story being told... The essence of what life is really all about... there are stories behind each photo taken.... I have to admit, it is my dream to be able to shoot and tell a story like he does... definately a huge inspiration to me. If you have time, I would recommend you visit his site and explore it... particularly his write up on mother's day and it's photos.

He's the daily photographer for several US newspaper publishers







0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)