Simba

June 6, 2008

Mood: Sadden
Listening to: "Confide in Me" by Kylie Minogue
Watching: Darkness envelope Melbourne sunset skyline
Eating: Poppin' M&Ms
Drinking: Bottled water

I received some saddening news from my mother today: one of my babies ha decided that it was time for him to grow up, follow his father's footsteps and run away from home. Born as one of the five adorable kittens from Sheeba, Simba was one of the dearest cats that I truly cared for. He was of mixed breed: partly bengal from his father, Mogli (who also ran away).

I see you!
Nestling next to mother...
His first step out of the crib...



Earlier on last year he caught a severe viral infection that took its toll on his nerve system. He barely ate or drank, his body temperature plummeted and he was constantly bleeding. The viral infection was so bad that it had nearly cost him his life... It has now permanently affected his back-leg coordination and until today he can neither walk properly nor control his hind legs.

During the weeks of intensive care, I remember spending every possible day, hour, minutes, even seconds, taking care of him: I heated up towels to keep him warm through the night, cuddled him after i gave his daily dose of medicine, provided him tiny amounts of food in vain hope that he would recover and eat... It was heart-breaking to see him fight an internal battle that was beyond our control...

Playing with his siblings...



Well, it pleases me greatly to say that he survived through it all. Ever since then, he's always followed me around the house, into every room i go to... even at times takes a nap beside me on my bed...

I'm quite saddened to hear that he has left... I hope he returns one day... or if he doesn't, then at least I hope that there is someone out there who has the heart to take care of him well. Because he truly deserves it.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)