Melbourne Big Freeze

June 17, 2008

14th June 2008
On a cool breezy Friday afternoon, over 500 agents froze in place in
what is perhaps Melbourne's busiest shopping strip, Bourke Street. For five minutes it was as if time had frozen in place and expanded itself into "eternity".

the morning of the freeze, during breakfast

Armed with a camera, I headed my way there to be part of such a fun, memorable event with Ms SG, Mr DG and Mr Canon (who also met up with his friends there). It was real good fun... to the point where the frozen agents stopped the trams on its track!

For those of you who are clueless on what the Big Freeze is about, find out here. This is the origin of the 'game'.

Mr Canon freezing in time

Group photo freezing

I never expected to see such a large crowd and was a bit disappointed that I couldn't join in the 'freezing' process as I also wanted to run around and take photos of everyone freezing... Let me tell you some of the frozen poses were AMAZING!

Posted below is a video of the event:



As of late, I have heard whispering rumors of another freeze that is about to happen... coming this saturday... very close to home...

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello Globe Trotters! :)